Friday, January 8, 2010

A little bit about me...

I have been instilled with strong old-fashioned values by my parents. I was raised in a small farm town and I believe that the way they raised me has had an impact on my character and personality today. I am someone that takes my work seriously and I have a strong, determined work ethic. I was raised to be dependable and respectful of others and to help people when I can. I try to put others before myself and I hold true to promises and oaths that I have made. I am able to build relationships and find common ground with a wide variety of people; varying in hobbies, interest, religion, and ethnicity.

I have always done well in schooling and because of that I enjoy learning and I have an aptitude for retaining new information quickly and being versatile. I am a curious and analytical person; I take pleasure in finding the answers to how things work and learning the reasoning as to why things are the way they are. I can easily see myself being a life-long student in some sense. I never want to stop learning about this world we live in and the people that make it what it is. If I had the financial means, I would currently be enrolled in more university classes to strengthen and expand my education. I enjoy the academic setting and spending time in a culture of new ideas.

I have a leadership personality, though I do not always assert myself as a leader. When the situation arises where a leader is needed I am able to inspire others into action. My leadership abilities rely on my organized nature. I am able to work effectively at most things due to organizing and prioritizing my tasks. As a child I was also very clean and organized and I guess that has held on into adulthood to my benefit. I do not usually shy away from conflict, but I do attempt to find a resolution when I am involved in conflict. Making peace between other parties is something that I have had a knack for within my circle of influence. I prefer to resolve conflicts, if possible, before a ridge of resentment and animosity severs a relationship. I have strong convictions about my beliefs, which are centered on God, family, and country and I hold these convictions in high esteem. I stand up for the principles that I believe in, but I do not force others to share the same principles.

I consider myself an active person who likes to be healthy and in good physical condition. I was involved in high school sports and recreationally in college. In the past year I have been determined at increasing my amount of exercise and taken up running, swimming, and biking. I feel that I am intellectually sharper when I am physically active and spending some time enjoying the outdoors. I like to change things up occasionally and mix a variety of activities in my day. Sometimes I burnout and hit a wall when I spend and excess amount of time focused on one thing. When there is the opportunity to work on a few things at a time, my mind stays fresh with new ideas.

While a small town, family-centered upbringing gave me the foundation to build on; I also tend to push the envelope in new experiences. I am an oddball among my family and friends. I do not have any family connections to the International field or the Middle East, but I am drawn to them and I am passionate with regard to them. I am an independent person most of the time and a self-motivator. While living abroad, I was responsible for arranging daily life and travel for my wife and I. From childhood I imagined that my life would be important and have a vast effect. I want to do something significant with my life and the talents I have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment